There are many reasons why we are thankful to be living and working in Chicago probably too many to count, and definitely too many to fit into on one article here. However, it is Thanksgiving week and therefore we'd be remiss if we didn't share at least a few of the reasons why we love living in Chicago.
1. We're thankful for the stunning architecture, especially works by masters like Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies Van Der Rohe, Lucien Lagrange, and our very own Jeanne Gang.
2. We're thankful for the city's amazing parks and public gardens Chicago's commitment to public green spaces is second to none, as evidenced by our motto Urbs in Horto, or "a city in a garden".
3. We're thankful for Lake Michigan and the Chicago River, and all the amazing paths for running, walking, and biking alongside them both. Not to mention the city's many beaches.
4. We're thankful for the incredible culinary scene. With some of the world's finest chefs creating trendsetting dishes, classic restaurants that have put Chicago on the map, and an ever-growing melting pot of cuisines that inspire and enrich us all, we're eating incredibly well in Chicago.
5. We're thankful for Chicago sports. While the Cubs are getting all the attention at the moment (and for good reason! Fly the W!), the White Sox, the Bears, the Bulls, the Fire, and the Blackhawks are all pretty amazing in their own right. Plus we have Northwestern's Big Ten teams and Depaul's ACC teams, along with a number of other local and regional teams.
6. We're thankful for all of the city's top notch universities, including Northwestern University, the University of Chicago, Depaul University, Loyola University, Columbia College, and UIC.
7. We're thankful for the many world class museums, including the Chicago Institute of Art, the Field Museum, The Museum of Science and Industry, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and all the other smaller museums that preserve our shared history and culture.
8. We're thankful for the city's commitment to culture and the arts, which comes in many forms including the downtown theater district, the Lyric Opera, the Joffrey Ballet, the Second City, and the many other theaters and music venues and the talented performers who bring them them to life.
9. We're thankful for all the festivals that occur all year 'round, but especially in the summer. From Lollapalooza and Taste of Chicago to all the neighborhood events and cultural fests, there really is nothing like summer in Chicago.
10. We're thankful for the real estate market in Chicago. Of course, we're a little biased, but how can we not be proud of and thankful for the truly exceptional properties that make up our listings, as well as the rest of the wonderful luxury condos, townhomes, and single family homes in some of the city's greatest neighborhoods.
Interested in discovering your own reasons to be thankful for all that Chicago has to offer? We can help you in the real estate department, just get in touch with our team. Happy Thanksgiving!.